The Board of Directors
TPT is run by a group of local volunteer Directors, elected by and from the membership at our Annual General Meeting. The Directors are unpaid and are not permitted to profit personally from their efforts with the Trust. We have a really strong Board, recruited from a wide range of backgrounds:
- Debbie Patterson, Chair, has recently retired, having sold her successful local business in the marine leisure sector. Debbie brings us a clear insight into business planning and development work. She is Treasurer of the local Methodist church.
- Alex Huke has a background in public sector project management work. He brings us in-depth experience in the realities of public funding, its reporting requirements and operational details. He is a a member of Maker-with-Rame parish council.
- Rob Pryke is a businessman who has lived in the area for 15 years. He has created and run several small businesses, including a community services business that employed 40 people. He currently runs his own photography business.
- Sharon Lewis was born and bred in Millbrook. She has 35 years’ experience in the Civil Service, mostly as a manager, and has experience and professional qualifications in land law. Sharon has been a Millbrook Parish Councilor for 10 years.
- Tony Phillips has been a keen supporter of the Trust from the start. He helped set up the Cornwall Micro Library using his experience gained from working at Plymouth City Council.
- Sarah Turpitt hails from New Zealand. She is currently the General Manager at Polhawn Fort and has a vast amount of experience in the hospitality sector.
The Board meets on a quarterly basis to monitor progress and discuss the overall situtation of our activities. We have a monthly Executive Committee, involving our Chair, Finance Director and our General Manager. This committee supervises the general operational work and deals with finances, project management and development proposals for the full Board.